Mold is a common nuisance in many homes and properties. In the past few decades, people have been using air purifiers to get rid of mold allergens.
Whether you’re using candles to mark special events or create a charming atmosphere in your home, always remember that open flames are potential fire hazards.
Water entering your basement due to drainage problems, flash floods, appliance failures or other reasons can cause severe damage to your home.
A lithium-ion battery (Li-ion battery) is a type of rechargeable battery that is common in home electronics.
A small home fire can spread to the whole house in under 30 seconds. Thus, when a fire occurs, you have little time to get out of the house before fire and smoke make escaping extremely difficult.
National Burn Awareness Week (NBAW) is being observed this week, February 5-11, and is sponsored by the American Burn Association.
Your home may harbor a large mold colony without you even knowing. However, you can expect mold growth if you have a water problem in your home, such as leaks, high humidity or condensation.
Mold can easily grow in an environment that is rich in moisture and organic material, and with temperatures between 32 and 120 degrees.
People living in apartments face several challenges when dealing with a fire.
Basements are more vulnerable to flooding and water damage than other areas of the home.